Some of our volunteers left to right: Joan Reinbott, Mary Tenant, Mary Mielczarek, Janet Johns, Jeanette Hayhurst.
If you are interested in one or more volunteer positions listed below, please fill out our Volunteer Application. Be sure to indicate the opportunity you are interested in on the application. If you have questions, please Contact Us. Please Note: Depending on your talents, experience, and time available, we may combine or modify these positions.
- Equine Talent and Career Scholarships Coordinator
- Track incoming applications and respond to inquiries
- Be familiar with programs and make suggestions for betterment of those programs and any associated literature, webpage, etc.
- Organize review meetings for each cycle
- Contact applicants
- Letters of acceptance
- Clarification of application information, as needed
- Report signed agreement to Executive Director
- Track recipient reports and organize information
- Send reminders on reporting, if necessary
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email, word processing, and spreadsheets. Will require communicating with scholarship applicants and recipients.
- Contacting recipient 60 days after use of funds to follow up with needs, continuing their NH education, etc.
- Contacting organizations twice per year with reporting reminders.
- Creating data maps
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email, word processing, and spreadsheets. Will require communicating with scholarship and grant applicants and recipients. Previous experience with creating data maps helpful but not required.
- Press releases
- Develop reporting content and other submitted information into stories and articles
- Create or assist with email blasts and newsletter creation
- Help write and format Year End Report
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email and word processing. May require research and interviewing. Previous experience with creative writing and samples of your writing required.
- Complete state charitable registrations in timely manner
- Communicate needs with Executive Director
- Stay up to date with filing requirements, legal notices, etc.
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email, word processing, and spreadsheets. Web site navigation experience helpful. Requires organization and attention to detail.
- Actively pursue donors and partnerships in partnership with Executive Director.
- Grant writing and grant research
- Assist with event and campaign planning
- Sponsorship and donation requests
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email, word processing, and spreadsheets. Web site research experience helpful. Requires easy ability to talk with people of varied backgrounds.
This position is in charge of many of the details for our annual Gala event.
- Maintain communications among committee
- Schedule committee meetings
- Manage committee tasks
- Manage subcommittees
- Manage event preparations
o How many volunteers are needed?
o What supplies or set-up is needed?
o Restrictions and commitments related to particular event?
o Confirm event vendors such as photographer, caterer, etc
o Check inventory to confirm all needed materials are available or purchased pre-event (linens, décor, signage, etc)
o Create volunteer responsibilities chart:
- Set up and tear down of the event
- Errands – local purchases and pick ups
- Silent auction committee and set up
- Games of chance set up
- AV/music set up
- Catering and all food/beverage needs
- Volunteer roles during event
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email, word processing, and spreadsheets. Previous event management experience needed. Requires ability with leading volunteers, communicating with vendors, etc.
The Parelli Foundation is seeking a member for our newly formed Marketing Committee. Can your expertise help us with the efforts to generate interest in our mission and programs?
Marketing Committee Job Description
● Contribute expertise to assist in establishing organizational marketing, branding, and communication plans and initiatives
● Build on current brand and develop creative market outreach programs that will drive new partners
● Advise on strategies and development for various marketing communications channels and web presences including, electronic/social media, newsletter, public relations, website and printed material
● Build relationships with strategic industry and horse welfare partners
● Identify key speaking engagements/events to help market and brand the Foundation
● Partner with staff to oversee a consistent and active communication strategy to all stakeholders for the purposes of program messaging, fundraising, awareness, and branding
● Actively participate in meetings, contributing to the discussion, brainstorming, and sharing innovative ideas
● Serve as an ambassador for the Parelli Foundation
Position requires a computer with an internet connection, basic ability with email, word processing, and spreadsheets. Previous marketing experience or training helpful. Basic knowledge of social media needed.
This is a key position working directly with our Executive Director and core team assisting with communications, letters, email, data, etc.
Requires a late model computer with internet connection, good writing and interpersonal skills.
Be available to take photos and video at Foundation events in your region of the United States when our lead photographer is not available.
Some experience with both photography and video needed. Must have own equipment. Experience with editing and finishing not required.
Provide periodic web site analytics reports from Google Analytics. Make recommendations for improving our web site to enhance search engine optimization (SEO). Suggest web site landing pages and calls to action.
Requires some experience with web site analytics and an understanding of SEO. Some training available.
Help develop and modify web pages and systems. Review our web sites for bad text, bad links, old content, and anything that does not belong. Suggest improvements based on usability and understand-ability.
Requires some ability with web development particularly in WordPress. However, training is available. Attention to detail and careful thoroughness helpful. A late model computer with internet connection is needed.
If you’re not sure what you would like to do or what you might qualify for, but you have a passion for helping with our work, fill out our application and let’s talk. We may be able to come up with a way that just you can help.
A passion for our work.