“In order to change the world, it is imperative that we have well-trained, knowledgeable natural horsemanship equine professionals around the world. These professionals – who are teaching, demonstrating, and exemplifying natural horsemanship principles – can have a significant impact on countless horse owners each and every day.”
Since the Scholarship program’s formal inception in July 2010, over 1 Million Dollars has been awarded to close to 200 deserving students. (Includes amounts awarded through our predecessor, the Horsemanship Fund.) We look forward to continuing to assist natural horsemanship professionals on our shared mission to create a better world for horses and humans through natural horsemanship education.
Why Scholarships: Scholarships help in the development of future natural horsemanship professionals. Through scholarships, the Parelli Foundation is increasing the number of highly qualified instructors, horse development specialists, equine practitioners, and competitors who will touch the lives of students and equine enthusiasts around the world.
Dollar Amounts: The amount of the scholarship varies and is usually a percentage of the total cost of the course that the student will be enrolled in. In most cases, partial tuition scholarships are provided; therefore, if you are seeking a full scholarship, we recommend finding additional financial support outside of our program.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age at time of application (younger applicants, please look into our Future of Horsemanship Scholarship Program)
- Potential professional impact within the horse industry: How the funding received will help “Create a better world for horses and humans through natural horsemanship education”
- Have a documented Pay-It-Forward plan. Impact on the Parelli Foundation Program areas of the applicant’s Pay It Forward Plan. Applicants shall be asked to identify the organization(s) where their hours are being donated.
- Documented financial need.
- Applicant’s financial request will be weighed against the Parelli Foundation’s budgetary limitations.
- Applicant’s overall plan including travel, lodging, boarding, visa etc.
Pay it Forward: Scholarship applicants commit to participating in Pay It Forward activities such as donating instruction or horse development services to youth groups, therapeutic horsemanship programs, horse rescues, veterinary hospitals, mounted police units, and other equine organizations.
The scholarship program and its efforts are an integral part of the future of the Parelli Foundation.